We are seeking motivated individuals, with demonstrated research experience, to become a part of Molecular Cardiology Program, established and led by Professor Chris Semsarian. The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional and internationally respected team working towards an understanding of the molecular and pathogenic basis of genetic heart diseases in the young, including heart failure and sudden death. The team environment includes opportunities and support for career development, a strong mentoring ethic, and support for women in science.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in Genetics or Molecular Biology
- Track record in human genetic studies, including next generation sequencing (whole exome and genome sequencing) techniques
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis of genetic data
- Experience in linking genotype with phenotype data, and new gene discovery studies
- Basic molecular biology skills in techniques such as cell culture, DNA and RNA analysis
- Be highly motivated and capable of some independent work
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- A strong team focus
- A demonstrated commitment to Occupational Health and Safety,
- Early to mid-career researcher with a strong track record, including fellowship and grant funding
- Hands-on experience in working with induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells
Centenary offers attractive superannuation and salary packaging to staff.Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- cover letter which addresses the “successful applicant” criteria
- curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript,
- and full contact details of at least three recent professional referees.
Closing Date: Monday April 4, 2016 at 5pmTo be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Contact for the role: Prof Chris Semsarian (email@example.com)
THE CENTENARY INSTITUTE SUPPORTS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND OFFERS A SMOKE FREE WORKPLACE.