The Centenary Institute collects, uses and discloses personal information in order to perform its functions and activities, and provide you with information and direct marketing materials in respect to our charitable objective and, unless you opt out or unsubscribe, we may contact you in the future via any medium. We may share your information on a confidential basis to contractors located in and out of Australia who provide services to us.
If you would like to opt out of receiving future communications from the Centenary Institute please mail us at the above address, phone 1800 677 977 or email email@example.com
The Centenary Institute (ABN – 22 654 201 090 (DGR 1) (“Promoter”) is running a competition from 9am EST 10 January to 5pm 28 February 2022 (“Competition”) through its 2022 survey.
The competition prize will be an AUD $250 gift card or a Centenary lab tour and requires entrants to describe in 25 words or less their hopes for the future of medical research. The winner must decide on one of the prize options once notified. The gift card will be determined by the Promoter and the lab tour will occur in 2022 (pending COVID-19 restrictions) and the schedule of the tour will be determined by the Promoter.
The survey will be promoted via its channels, including direct mail, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter pages (“Platform/s”).
The competition will be judged by skill and the winner will be decided by 5pm Friday 4 March 2022.
By entering the Competition and by accepting a prize, you agree to the above and following Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is the Centenary Institute. Competitions are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Platforms.
- You agree to release the Platforms from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, your participation in any of these Competitions or with any of the prizes offered. You further agree to any rules or guidelines stipulated by the Platform relating to the use of the Platform and your participation in any Competition or similar.
- Employees of The Centenary Institute and immediate family members of The Centenary Institute employees and agencies associated with the Competition as the case may be, are ineligible to enter.
- For Australian competitions, entrants must be Australian residents and be residing in Australia at the time of the Competition.
- The Centenary Institute reserves the right to put any conditions or restrictions on any Competition.
- The Centenary Institute will state the method by which winners will be chosen.
- To enter a Competition, the entrant must have taken the action requested, as described in the post relating to the specific competition. Only one entry per account is permitted.
- The prize will be stated in the post and must comply with Australian law, where applicable. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and The Centenary Institute reserves the rights to offer substitute prizes. If any prize is unavailable for any reason, The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize to the equal value subject to any advice from a regulatory body.
- Prize winners will be notified on the Platform through which the submission was received. To claim a prize, winners will be asked to provide contact details in a manner specified by The Promoter.
- If for any reason whatsoever a prize winner does not redeem a prize or an element of a prize by the time stipulated in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise made known by The Centenary Institute, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- If a prize is unclaimed, it will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the next best response (as determined by The Promoter in its absolute discretion). The process will be repeated for every subsequent winner. The prize remains the property of The Centenary Institute until it is collected by the final winner.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the administration, rules, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of The Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Centenary Institute, in its sole discretion and subject to any prohibition by law to do so or any written direction from a regulatory authority, may cancel a Competition at any time or disqualify an entrant. Entries that are not genuine or are incomplete, late or in any way fraudulent or deemed to be inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason by The Promoter will be declared void.
- The Centenary Institute reserves the right to reproduce names, photographs, material, comments and feedback provided by entrants in promotional material including but not limited to website, brochures and other online channels.
- All entries must be original to and created solely by the entrant. All entries and all copyright and other rights in such entries and/or other materials become the property of The Centenary Institute and will not be returned. Each entrant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to The Promoter if requested. By submitting an entry and any other materials (save for any personal information) to The Promoter in connection with a Competition, each entrant:
a) specifically authorises The Promoter to use and/or license third parties to use such entry in whole or in part, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, whether currently in existence or developed in the future, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature;
b) represents and warrants that all elements contained in the entry or other material:
i. are original to the entrant and fully cleared for use as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions;
ii. do not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the entrant may be a party to;
iii. do not contain defamatory, tortious or otherwise unlawful, untrue or inaccurate information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right; or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any law;
iv. are not obscene or likely to cause offence;
v. are not in any way cruel or abusive; and
vi. will not require The Promoter to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of The Promoters’ use or exploitation of the same, and
c) unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission which would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the entry and waives all moral rights in the entry that arise outside Australia;
d) warrants that where the submission contains the image, likeness or any identifying characteristic of another person, the entrant has received express consent from those other people to be included in the submission. The entrant indemnifies The Promoter of any breach of this warranty and for any breach of privacy legislation.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, The Centenary Institute, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant (including a winner) in connection with any competition, including, without limitation:
(i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of The Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. No responsibility will be taken by The Promoter or its authorised agents for entries ineligible due to technical reasons or any other reason.
- Competitions and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia.
- Subject to statutory restrictions, The Centenary Institute may amend these Terms and Conditions at its absolute discretion.